The Order of Brilliant Bloggers

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Nominations - August Comedic Post and Blogsite

In order to make it easier for the moderator (yours, truly) to tabulate nominations and the resulting votes, I have broken this month's nomination down to six different posts. I thought it might be easier to actually find your category for nominating and voting that way. After we have completed August's awards, I will ask for feedback on how to make this easier for you!

Again, I apologize for the delay in getting the nomination posts up so slowly. But I will do better in September. I discovered the power of Google to help me find blogsites of those I hadn't yet visited. Again, place new nominations in the comments.

Here we are - so far, the following are nominated (and please let me know if I missed anything in taking them from the other blogsite):


Best Comedic Post:

Motherdear - Gallows Humour
Penny's Centsless Thoughts - Things You Learn on Animal Planet
Pete - No Artificial Colours or Flavours:Ebay - the cancer that is eating away at the Blogosphere
Digitalicat - Create A Caption, Not a Contest II
Larry - To Larry's Faithful Readership
Digitalicat - Weekend Wierdness - The Mall
Jodiefosterturkeybaster -MarriedMan, Where Are You..?
(Moderator's Note: Warning - strong adult content, not suitable for children)


Best Comedic Blogsite

Penny - Penny's Centsless Thoughts
The Jastrom - The Jastrom's SurReality Sideshow
Duff - Duff's Random Musings
Blog Jesus - Ask Blog Jesus
Shanshu - dust-slaying nano-shurikens of doom!
Pops - Pops' Bucket
thehotlibrarian -The Hot Librarian


Remember to get your nominations in by August 31st at 11:59 PM! Put them in the comments. If you can provide the links, it'll make life easier. If not, no worries!

22 Comments:

At 8/26/2005 2:54 PM, Blogger marriedman said...

I guess we didn't get nominated due to the fact that everything we do is amazingly hilarious. Fine jerks....

p.s. I like rim jobs

 
At 8/26/2005 8:31 PM, Blogger Motherdear said...

MM - didn't you stop blogging??? Ya can't get nominated if you don't blog, hon.

You can get in on the comment trails, though! And hilarity is definitely a plus.

 
At 8/26/2005 8:38 PM, Blogger marriedman said...

I've cum out of retirement. You can read all about it on the basters newest story. Expect a post from me next week.

i like moms.

 
At 8/27/2005 8:07 AM, Blogger Motherdear said...

And Moms like you too, dear. You need to give me a link to the baster, though. I'm not familiar with his / her blogsite. Okay?? :-)

 
At 8/27/2005 8:42 AM, Blogger Motherdear said...

For best comedic post - Married Man posting as JodieFosterTurkeyBaster - http://wehadnothingtodowithit.blogspot.com/2005/08/marriedman-where-are-you-cum-back-to.html

Against my better judgment. But it was hilarious. Disgusting, but hilarious!!!!

I should have my head examined...

 
At 8/28/2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Digitalicat said...

My nominations for Best Comedic Blogsite:

Pops' Bucket http://popsbucket.blogspot.com

The Hot Librarian http://thehotlibrarian.blogspot.com

 
At 8/29/2005 2:24 PM, Blogger Motherdear said...

Thanks, Digi, for providing the links!!!! It is so helpful!! I'm slow as molasses at this, but it's mostly looking up the links that's bogging me down, so I appreciate your help with it wholeheartedly!

 
At 8/30/2005 9:51 PM, Blogger Penny Shagwell said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 8/31/2005 10:40 AM, Blogger Rowan said...

for best comedic blogsite: Shanshu - dust-slaying nano-shurikens of doom!

 
At 8/31/2005 11:01 AM, Blogger Jen said...

Shanshu cracks me up! He should totally win!

 
At 8/31/2005 2:54 PM, Blogger Ms. Adventures said...

I vote for Shanshu! He's hilarious!

 
At 8/31/2005 3:02 PM, Blogger Holly said...

My vote goes to Ask Blog Jesus. Funny, yet helpful advice. What more can you ask for in a blog?

 
At 9/01/2005 10:30 AM, Blogger Nameless said...

I vote for Shanshu. He's bunny great!

 
At 9/01/2005 11:32 AM, Blogger musie said...

i dont know where to vote, but i am following shanshus bunnies here and voting for him as well, cause hes hot..er wait, whats the catergory..funny, yes hes funny....

 
At 9/01/2005 1:08 PM, Blogger Danikabur said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9/01/2005 2:16 PM, Blogger Fitz-Hume said...

I vote for The Hot Librarian for best comedic site.

 
At 9/02/2005 11:24 PM, Blogger The Jastrom said...

It was an honor to be nominated. Now to just get someone to read it now.

 
At 9/03/2005 8:22 PM, Blogger Larry said...

Post-Things you learn on Animal Planet

Site-Duff's Random Musings

 
At 9/04/2005 3:03 AM, Blogger h0g said...

Another tough one to vote for - but very grateful for having so many great posts pointed out for my reading pleasure :)

I like my story obviously since I wrote it :)

I enjoyed Weekend Weirdness - The Mall (I too have never had any desire to suck on a dog.)

I thought the Things You Learn on Animal Planet was great - not only amusing but interesting and thought provoking.

The funniest thing that I've read all year though is Gallows Humour so that's where my vote goes. Also, just damn well written too - felt like it had been me holidaying at that place all those years and like i knew the people personally.

Sorry, not casting a vote for best site as I think I'd need to be a regular reader of each of them in order to vote fairly.

Cheers - Pete.

 
At 9/04/2005 6:14 PM, Blogger Motherdear said...

Best Comedic Post - Things you Learn On Animal Planet - Penny Shagwell

Best Comedic Blogsite - Pops' Bucket

 
At 9/04/2005 6:58 PM, Blogger ltlme said...

comedic post: Motherdear - Gallows Humour

comedic blogsite: The Jastrom - The Jastrom's SurReality Sideshow

 
At 9/05/2005 11:28 AM, Blogger Digitalicat said...

I vote for my own Weekend Weirdness for best post (I can vote for myself, right?) and The Hot Librarian for best site.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home