The Order of Brilliant Bloggers

Monday, December 12, 2005

Nominations - December's Best Comedic Post and Blogsite

Best Comedic Post is for any humourous post created from December 1st to December 31st. Nominations end December 31st at 11:590:59 PM EST (if you're like me and do nothing but sit in front of the TV and wait for the ball to drop. I expect more of you will be too busy to be entering nominations, though. At least I HOPE you will!) There is no rule on originality, however, if I receive three objections in the comments about a post nomination that is clearly "LIFTED" from email jokes or othe sources without citing those sources, I will call for an ad hoc vote whether or not to keep the post in play.

Best Comedic Blogsite must contain at least one post during the month of December to qualify. (Otherwise, nominate in Best Historical Site, please.) Same Rules and Protocol apply as always - up to three nominations per post and blogsite in each category, and you cannot nominate yourself!!! Voting will begin January 1st through 11:59:59PM EST on January 5th. You have three votes per category but can only vote for the same post or site once. And yes, you can vote for yourself, if you like. As always, have fun and GOOD LUCK!!

Remember - Nominations in December. Voting Starts in JANUARY. I will need to disregard any vote received prior to the end of nomination. Thanks for understanding.

Best Comedic Post:
Miss Cellania - Miss Cellania: Rescue
Penny -Penny's Centless Throughts: An Interesting Conversation With My Daughter


Best Comedic Site:
Miss Cellania - Miss Cellania
The Garlic -The Garlic - All the Clove Fit To Peel
J.R. Kinnard - Don't Floss With Tinsel
Gene Maudlin -Old Horsetail Snake

33 Comments:

At 12/12/2005 7:42 AM, Blogger Annie said...

I would like to suggest another category for your contest - Best Spiritual site. There are many out there. Thank you.

 
At 12/12/2005 11:08 AM, Blogger Carl said...

I nominate Miss Cellania for best comedic site in December. her holiday posts have been spot on, so I would also nominate her for best comedic post for The Rescue Post.

 
At 12/13/2005 3:06 PM, Blogger Motherdear said...

Annie - done! Thank you for the suggestion! Please make some nominations for us!

Carl - done. Thank you yet again!

 
At 12/13/2005 11:48 PM, Blogger Miss Cellania said...

Thanks, Carl! You would have to mention the one post that has nothing to do with holidays.

XXXXXOO

 
At 12/16/2005 6:06 PM, Blogger Joefish said...

I know it's peculiar, but I nominate Jodifosterturkeybaster's post Fudge Packer Fridays. The end. ( http://wehadnothingtodowithit.blogspot.com/2005/12/fudge-packer-fridays-end.html )for both Best Serious Post and Best Comedic Post.

That post is the last on that blog and the last in a series. It's full of their trademark toilet humor (but it's really good toilet humor) but it's also a heartfelt goodbye from The Baster to his blogging partner Marriedman.

And of course: Adult Content Warning.

 
At 12/16/2005 7:19 PM, Blogger jonny-no-stars said...

As it's already been nominated and I've not done this before I'll just second the Married Man post. Just for that photo alone although actually it was the words that done it.

 
At 12/17/2005 8:57 PM, Blogger duff said...

i'm nominating penny for this priceless gem.

 
At 12/18/2005 1:20 PM, Blogger bodhi the gnomad said...

i've got a nomination for "best comedic site": the garlic

i found it while blogsurfing this afternoon.

 
At 12/19/2005 1:03 AM, Blogger duff said...

i just stumbled upon don't floss with tinsel, my latest nominee for this category.

 
At 1/01/2006 2:12 AM, Blogger neuralgourmet said...

Here's a vote for Don't Floss With Tinsel.

 
At 1/02/2006 12:53 AM, Blogger Madame D said...

A vote for Don't Floss With Tinsel! I've been reading him for more than a year, and he definitely is one of the funniest, smartest people I've come across.

 
At 1/02/2006 12:53 AM, Blogger Myself Again said...

A vote for Kinnard and Tinsel, please.

 
At 1/02/2006 7:44 AM, Blogger Carl said...

Naturally, I vote for Miss Cellania

 
At 1/02/2006 7:25 PM, Blogger simpster said...

Breaking News!
McCain Says Abducted and Grilled By Cheney; Won't Budge On Torture Ban -- The Garlic

Funniest headlines anywhere can be found on the comedically culinary delght--The Garlic.

It gets my vote.

 
At 1/02/2006 7:48 PM, Blogger jrsrq said...

My vote goes to the garlic blog. I think it is the best blogging blog out there.

 
At 1/02/2006 7:51 PM, Blogger jrsrq said...

My vote goes to the garlic. I think it is the best blogging blog out here.

 
At 1/03/2006 10:47 AM, Blogger Mossy Stone said...

I have to cast my vote for Penny...and not just because I was going to be the recipient of the whole "pink fuzzy handcuff" thing.

 
At 1/03/2006 10:58 AM, Blogger Tan Lucy Pez said...

I vote for Old HorseTail Snake. Gene Mauldin. He is the funniest man on the planet!

 
At 1/03/2006 12:35 PM, Blogger Mary said...

I vote for Old Horsetail Snake too! He's the best!

 
At 1/03/2006 4:56 PM, Blogger Crtmc said...

I vote for the Garlic!

 
At 1/03/2006 5:15 PM, Blogger J&J'sMom said...

I'm in for old Hoss.

 
At 1/04/2006 1:08 AM, Blogger Laurie said...

Hoss, Hoss, Hoss...I mean...Gene, Gene, Gene...

 
At 1/04/2006 1:35 PM, Blogger Jeanne said...

I vote for Don't Floss with Tinsel.

 
At 1/04/2006 9:41 PM, Anonymous JTD said...

Test

 
At 1/04/2006 10:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Garlic gets my vote because it's good for you! It makes me laugh, and as we all know, laughter makes you live longer.

Anna Banana

 
At 1/04/2006 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my vote is with the Garlic - makes you peel with laughter amid your tears.

 
At 1/04/2006 11:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love The Garlic. Topical and fresh

 
At 1/05/2006 11:39 AM, Anonymous Lou L said...

I vote for The Garlic. The writer is witty, clever and funny.

 
At 1/05/2006 2:22 PM, Blogger Gort said...

Miss Cellania gets my vote for best site and post.

 
At 1/05/2006 4:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I vote for the Garlic as it lowers my blood pressure and makes me laugh.

 
At 1/05/2006 9:18 PM, Blogger Motherdear said...

Penny for post (hilarious!) and Miss C for site!

 
At 1/05/2006 10:15 PM, Blogger Kate said...

I'll vote for Miss C., 'cause I visit her every day to see what new topic she can come up with!

 
At 1/06/2006 5:50 PM, Anonymous Zoe said...

A vote for The Garlic's smart satire.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home