The Order of Brilliant Bloggers

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Kal's a BRAT!

He tagged me. Since I didn't get him a birthday present yet, I'll do this for him. Cuz we likes him, don't we, my Preciousss....yesssss, we likes our Kal.

1. Which curse word do you use the most?
The F-bomob. Learned it in nursing school, along with the fact that coffee is a food group.

2. Do you own an iPod?
Oh, get serious. What's an iPod???

3. What time is your alarm clock set for?
Depends on what L&M needs for backup. And how many reports have to be in by 8 AM. Sometimes I go to bed at 3 AM and get up at 4 AM to finish them. Usually, it's about 5:30 AM.

4. How many suitcases do you own?
Several thousand. Still have the one I brought to the parking lot of the 7/11 to deliver Kal!

5. Do you wear flip flops even when it's cold?
Haven't owned a pair of flip-flops (we called them Zori Sandals in my day) since I was about 10 years old. The answer is NO!

6. Would you rather take the picture or be in the picture?
Take it, take it. Most of our family pictures have everyone but me in them. It's a public service...

7. What was the last movie you watched?
Let's see...I think it was Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban. BG takes me to a movie once a year. As soon as our shedules mesh, we're going to go and see Flight 93. It's my birthday present from BG.

8. Do you or any of your friends have children?
I have two wonderful children. Grown and gone, now. But still my kids. My Precious has two wonderful children as well. Penny and Mossy have two children. And that's the end of it for my list of friends.

9. Has anyone ever called you lazy?
Never. If anything, I worked myself to death.

10. Do you ever take medication to help you sleep?
Yep. At times, I need it.

11. Which CD is currently in your CD player?
The score from Mamma Mia. Great stuff.

12. Do you prefer regular or chocolate milk?
Gimme chocolate. Gotta have chocolate.

13. Has anyone told you a secret this week?
Nope. They know better.

14. When was the last time someone hit on you?
1992

15. Can you whistle?
Yup. In harmony, even! Can't do that neat, loud, finger-in-the-mouth whistle, though.

16. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
The Building Inspector to make sure the 3/8" sheathing the roofers put on my porch roof was legal. Seems flimsy to me...

17. Do you think people talk about you behind your back?
I'm not all that important. Besides, what other people think of me is none of my business.

18. Did you watch cartoons as a child?
Of course! All Saturday morning. Then we had to stop at noon and clean the house before my mother got home from work, or we'd be watching cartoons the next Saturday through black eyes!

[question missing here]

20. Are you shy around the opposite sex?
Depends on how young and gorgeous they are.

21. What movies do you know all the lines from (sorry, I deleted the question by accident and am retyping it from memory).
An American President. My cousin Vinnie. Maverick. Dirty Dancing.

22. Do you own any band t-shirts?
Nope

23. What is your favorite salad dressing?
Honey Dijon

24. Who was the last person to make you mad?
Hmmmmm....okay. Had to be the roofer who decapitated my acorn finial on the front porch and then tried to put it back on (badly!) with a few nails so I wouldn't know. I'm not mad that they knocked the finial off, accidents happen. I was just mad that they tried to hide it from me and weren't respectful enough of me and the $30K this roof is costing to come to me and tell me, and tried to hide the damage. The house is old. I want to keep it original. They knew this. But I can be worked with and it's not like it would have been hard to ring the bell and tell me about it! They know where I live, you know????

25. Do you do your own dishes?
Don't make me laugh. Do you think the cats are going to do them? Cuz sure as hell, L&M don't know how to do dishes!!!

26. Ever cry in public?
I cry at daffodils blooming. And don't care who sees me.

27. Are you on a desktop computer or a laptop?
Working on a desktop. Don't own a laptop, although one would be an excellent idea for my bed-bound days...hint, hint...

28. Are you currently wanting any piercings or tattoos?
Actually, I'm thinking of getting one at a specific point in time and hoping never to have to.

29. Would you ever date someone covered in tattoos?
Covered? Depends on the person. You don't date the tattoo, you date the person.

30. What did you do before this?
Got L&M packed up for his day, dreading how his return would impact my lfe as I tried to explain things I don't know to him from what he's learning in his computer training.

31. When is the last time you slept on the floor?
Pajama party, as a kid. I'm not counting camping.

32. How many hours of sleep do you need to function?
Three, I've found.

33. Do you eat breakfast daily?
No. There are days when I don't eat lunch or dinner daily. In the same day, even. Food has little interest for me if I have to cook it.

34. Are your days full and fast-paced?
No. They're days filled with my family.

35. Do you pay attention to the calories on the package?
Nope. I eat what I eat, when I eat it. And rarely at that!

36. Do you use sarcasm?
Use sarcasm??? That would mean I derive a benefit, right? Like making you feel like an idiot, and making me feel superior??? Probably.

37. How old will you be on your next birthday?
247

38. Are you picky about spelling and grammar?
Yes. Kal thinks I'm a spelling Nazi. Particularly when it comes to the common confusion between 'its' and 'it's'. The first being the possessive case, and the second, the contraction for 'it is'. Get it right people. Grrrrr....

39. Have you ever been to Six Flags?
Yup. In Getysburgh, PA. LOVE roller coasters. Highly recommend the Loch Ness Monster and The Big Bad Wolf.

40. Do you get along better with the same sex or the opposite sex?
I try not to get along with anybody.

41. Do you like mustard?
Honey mustard. Regular yellow mustard reminds me of baby poop and dijon is good, but a bit bitter.

42. Do you sleep on your side, stomach, or back?
Side and back.

43. Do you watch the news?
Yes. I love being depressed, it does such wonders for my outlook on this miserable existence I call 'a life'. Ha!

44. One of your scars--how did you get it?
Just one of them???? Hmmmm....a star-shaped scar on my inner thigh, near my, uh, leg crease...which I got when I was 8 and learning to ride a two-wheeler and put the pedal through my, uh, groin. It would have helped me to learn to ride better if my mother hadn't convinced my dad that training wheels were supposed to be RAISED as a pair, instead of leaving one on and one off. Threw me off balance and I dumped the bike.

There ya go, Kal. How's that! Mommy blogged.

I'm not tagging anyone. No one reads this, anyway.

1 Comments:

At 11/29/2006 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yes they do. It's required because a blog is its own reward.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home